1 day Emergency Paediatric Syllabus
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who care for children in any professional setting (e.g. nannies, child-minders, nursery workers and au pairs), and is specifically aimed at newly qualified level two or three early years childcare staff.
The emergency paediatric first aid course is recognised by Ofsted for Early Years (EYFS) and meets Childcare Registration requirements.
If you don't need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid for babies and children, our popular first aid for baby and child course is perfect for new and expectant parents, grandparents and carers.
This course can be taught as a RQF Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
Duration: This course covers at least 6 hours of training and is usually run over 1 day though can be run as shorter sessions if required.
Prices depend on the certificate option, either a standard certificate of a RQF certificate. The training is always the same regardless of the certificate you choose. Both certificate options include a First Aid training pack.
Please contact us to enquire about holding a course at your own venue or workplace.
Course Content includes:
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Priorities of First Aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Fitting and seizures
- Shock and Bleeding – grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Auto injector pen – can be added if required
- First Aid Kits
- Importance of a defibrillator and how to use an AED*
- Heart Attack and Angina*
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture *
- Spinal injuries*
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations *
* Head and spinal injuries, Heart Attacks, breaks & soft tissue injuries are not included within the HSE First Aid syllabus – but are routinely incorporated into our course
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a RQF certificate valid for 3 years. In order to retain their First Aid qualification, students will need to attend another 6 hour course and receive certification for a further 3 years.
The HSE strongly recommends that all First Aiders complete an annual refresher course to keep their skills up to date and in line with any changes in First Aid procedures.
Save This Event
When & Where
SE4 1LE London
EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training
Learning First Aid is not only a legal requirement for the work place but also a important life skill that can equip you with the tools you need perform lifesaving care.
The benefits of training with EMT, is that our trainers are qualified Emergency Services Professionals and/or teachers who use their First Aid on a regular basis. They are also highly experienced and proficient First Aid trainers.
EMT are fully Regulated to provide the HSE qualifications. Our regulation is through Ofqual, IQL and QNUK to provide accredited and regulated first aid qualifications.
Our courses are extremely practical and held in small groups, maximum of 12 to give you individual attention and help you become confident and competent.
We offer a wide range of first aid and lifeguard training at our site in London and the South East weekly or if you prefer we can come to a location that is suitable to you.
We value your time and wish to ensure that you enjoy the course and learn the skills you need for your work place or life.
- 1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work
- 1 Day Intensive Paediatric First Aid
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid
- Save a baby’s and child’s life workshop
- Save a life workshop
- Anaphylaxis First Aid,
- Sports First Aid,
- Early Years First Aid,
- Schools First Aid,
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED),
- First Aid for Parents and Carers (baby and child first aid)