1 day Emergency Paediatric Syllabus
The OFSTED requirements for Nannies and Au Pairs state that a minimum 6 hour child care course is required. Childminders, nursery workers and child workers still need the 2 day 12 hour course to meet their requirements.
If you are looking at also entering other childcare sectors, then the full 2 day course would be best. This one day course meets the needs of the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register for Nannies and Au Pairs.
This course can be taught as a RQF Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
Duration: This course covers at least 6 hours of training and is usually run over 1 day though can be run as shorter sessions if required.
The training is always the same regardless of the certificate you choose. Both certificate options include a First Aid training pack.
Please contact us to enquire about holding a course at your own venue or workplace.
Course Content includes:
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Priorities of First Aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR and AED
- Fitting and seizures
- Shock and Bleeding – grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Epipen – can be added if required
- First Aid Kits
- Heart Attack*
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture *
- Asthma and Diabetes*
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations *
* Head injuries, Asthma, Diabetes Heart Attacks, breaks & soft tissue injuries are not included within the HSE First Aid syllabus – but are routinely incorporated into our course
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a RQF certificate valid for 3 years. In order to retain their First Aid qualification, students will need to attend another 6 hour course and receive certification for a further 3 years.
The HSE strongly recommends that all First Aiders complete an annual refresher course to keep their skills up to date and in line with any changes in First Aid procedures.
We offer an online annual refresher or contact us to enquire about our 3 hour classroom based course.
Save This Event
When & Where
EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training
Learning First Aid is not only a legal requirement for the work place but also a important life skill that can equip you with the tools you need perform lifesaving care.
The benefits of training with EMT, is that our trainers are qualified Emergency Services Professionals and/or teachers who use their First Aid on a regular basis. They are also highly experienced and proficient First Aid trainers.
EMT are fully Regulated to provide the HSE qualifications. Our regulation is through Ofqual, IQL and QNUK to provide accredited and regulated first aid qualifications.
Our courses are extremely practical and held in small groups, maximum of 12 to give you individual attention and help you become confident and competent.
We offer a wide range of first aid and lifeguard training at our site in London and the South East weekly or if you prefer we can come to a location that is suitable to you.
We value your time and wish to ensure that you enjoy the course and learn the skills you need for your work place or life.
- 1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work
- 1 Day Intensive Paediatric First Aid
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid
- Save a baby’s and child’s life workshop
- Save a life workshop
- Anaphylaxis First Aid,
- Sports First Aid,
- Early Years First Aid,
- Schools First Aid,
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED),
- First Aid for Parents and Carers (baby and child first aid)