Actions and Detail Panel
1 Day Improving Business Efficiency – Canterbury
Tue 16 May 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
This course will help delegates to improve their working environment and improve processes and productivity, and form effective teams within the workplace. It is suitable for managers and supervisors who are responsible for process improvement but is also suitable for any employees who wish to improve their own productivity within the workplace.
Methods of Learning:
The course is practical and interactive and delegates will take part in group activities and discussions, as well as working on individual plans and exercises.
Learning outcomes: By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand what makes an effective leader.
- Know how to get the best from yourself and others
- Be able to give feedback – praise and criticism
- Set goals and create action plans
- Identify skills gaps
- Encourage and develop other people’s ideas
- Understand how to build an effective team
- Confidently deal with difficult situations
- Manage time effectively
- Lead by example
- Turn negative situations into positive ones
- Understand the principles of lean organisations techniques, including Kaizen principles
- Understand how a lean environment can improve an organisation
- Conduct a productivity needs analysis
- Create process maps
- Plan improvements to the workplace and eliminate waste
- Use techniques to improve team working and performance, and deal with conflict