Taking care of your organisation’s future
SMEs in the manufacturing, services and construction supply chains are increasingly being expected to be accredited to the ISO 9001 quality system or are considering its implementation for other reasons.
The advantages of ISO Accreditation:
- Competitive edge – even in situations or industries where ISO 9001 Accreditation is not a contractual requirement or expectation it can set you apart from the competition
- Best practice – ISO 9001 can improve process and service quality, increase customer satisfaction levels and improve productivity
- Easy integration – the implementation of ISO 9001 makes it simpler to develop a single management system to meet the requirements of other standards including those for Environmental and Health & Safety, saving on duplication and cutting down those costs
We deliver ISO workshops aimed at assisting SMEs in East Lancashire & the Yorkshire and Humber region to support their current and projected business objectives by enhancing the Quality Management System (QMS) skills of their key personnel.
Participants will be able to apply a systematic approach to the implementation or further development of an ISO 9001 compliant system within their organisations and will gain an understanding of how that can have a positive impact on business competitiveness.
We offer several types of training course:
1 Day Introductory ISO 9001 Training:
A common sense overview of ISO 9001 for those who want to know whether to consider the implementation of a quality management system and/or to pursue accreditation for their organisation. Also useful for newer employees of registered ISO 9001 organisations.
- What is ISO 9001 and what are its benefits?
- Background and History of ISO Standards. An overview of the need for military standards and the subsequent development of BS 5750 and its US and NATO equivalents. The need for International Standards, their development, management and how they have evolved (9004, 9000 etc.)
- Quality Management Principles. What are the Principles and what are the benefits of applying them?
- Definitions (ISO 9000) An explanation of the basic definitions used within ISO 9001
- ISO Requirements. A straightforward overview of ISO 9001 system requirements and a Q&A session covering how to consider applying those requirements to individual learners own organisations
- Links to governing bodies and other support resources. ISO 9001 certification/accreditation in the UK and the support resources available to assist with development and implementation of an ISO compliant Management System
Who should attend (prior skills/knowledge?)
Business Owners, Directors or Managers with little or no experience of the Standard
This workshop is also suitable for newer employees of organisations which already have ISO 9001 registration
How will you benefit?
Delegates will have a straightforward understanding of the Standard, its requirements and the range of ways it can support their business systems and aspirations
Courses run from 10.00am (registration 9.45am) to 4.30pm
DateVenue Tuesday 15th March AES, Sunderland Street, Worth Way, Keighley, BD21 5LEWednesday 25th MayAES, Sunderland Street, Worth Way, Keighley, BD21 5LE
Includes Refreshments and Light lunch