Actions and Detail Panel
1 Day Leadership Development Programme – Canterbury
Tue 6 June 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
This course will enable delegates to develop their leadership and communication skills to help them work well as part of a team. It is aimed at managers, team leaders and supervisors although it is not necessary to be currently working in this role to benefit from the course.
Methods of Learning:
The course is practical and interactive and delegates will take part in group activities and discussions, as well as working on individual plans and exercises.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand what makes an effective leader.
- Know how to get the best from yourself and others
- Be able to give feedback – praise and criticism
- Set goals and create action plans * Identify skills gaps
- Encourage and develop other people’s ideas
- Understand how to build an effective team
- Confidently deal with difficult situations
- Manage time effectively
- Lead by example
- Turn negative situations into positive ones