This workshop will concentrate on the various techniques of mount decoration aimed at providing framers with an additional skill set of using ruling pens with different paints/inks. It will also assist those preparing for the Fine Art Trade Guild’s GCF(APF) examination.
No previous experience is required.
The workshop will cover:
- a short introduction to mount decoration.
- equipment required and and types of media.
- mount widths, proportions and arrangement of
- mount decoration.
- top tips.
- introduction to techniques.
- ruled lines, rectangular and circular/oval.
- wash panels.
- bevel decoration.
Dependent upon time; the technique of marbled panels and patina, and that of the transfer of patterns will be included.
A full and comprehensive set of notes will be provided for candidates.