A six hour course delivered by Dr Pete Moore that enables participants to:
- identify key readers / decision-makers,
- decide the key message of the thesis,
- determine a set of subsidiary messages,
- create an examiner-appropriate structure,
- place appropriate information in the right part of the document,
- develop a writing method that makes good use of scarce time, and
- edit with confidence.
This is a practical ‘hands-on’ workshop. To make the most of your day you will need to bring the following:
1) a copy of a thesis that has been recently submitted by someone working in your department. It is important that this is an example of one that passed and ideally is in paper format.
2) the university's rules and guidelines on submission of theses, including any information that you can find about the choice of examiners (internal and external).
We look forward to working with you.