Actions and Detail Panel
Thu 12 January 2017, 18:00 – 20:30 GMT
In 2016, Elevation Networks inspired over 1000 young people in our network to deliver meaningful social action and volunteer through our programmes. As an organisation we believe in social action as a transformational rite of passage for young people to be active and inspiring leaders and citizens. We believe that social action can:
- Help to facilitate social mobility by exposing young people to things they may not have encountered before
- Improve employment chances through the development of key transferable skills needed in the workplace
- Contribute to tackling societies most difficult issues by tapping into the talents of young people
In 2017 we will be encouraging 1000 more young people to participate in social action, with the hope of increasing the number of young people and we reach year on year.
We invite you to join our journey towards this goal, whilst being able to network with employers, young people, charitable organisations and other.
What will happen during the evening?
Introduction – Richard Kuti, Head of Youth Services (EN)
Opening Welcome – Diane Abbott MP, Shadow Home Secretary
NCS Spotlight –
1. Alexander Chalkley, Programme Manager (EN) and Cyrilyn Moore, Co-founder and Director (Operation Orphan)
2. Anthony Bruton, Senior Programme Manager (EN) and Jill Fraser, Founder (Kissing It Better)
EN Leadership Programme Spotlight – Naivasha Mwanji, Programme Manager (EN) and Cruz Glynka (EN Leadership Programme Alumni)
Panel Discussion – ‘How and why should we encourage more people to support and participate in social action?’ discussed by:
Graham Robb, Trustee (EN)
Daniel Akinbisehin, Graduate Intern & Great Debate Tour Chair (EN)
Dunola Oladapo, EN Leadership Programme Alumni
Katherine Bryant, Founder (The Progress Partnership)
Jessica Tsapparelli, NCS Graduate
NCS Pathfinders Celebration – Richard Kuti, Head of Youth Services (EN) and Susan Oliver Edwards, Trustee (EN)
Closing Keynote – Barbara Kasumu, CEO (EN)
This event will start at 6.00pm and will last no longer than two hours (this includes time at the end for networking). Drinks reception.