Actions and Detail Panel
12a - Delivering a Quality Programme, 12b - Programme Planning, 15 - Promot...
Sat 1 July 2017, 11:00 – 17:45 BST
Modules 12a & 12b - 15:45-17:45
Module 12a – Delivering a Quality Programme
To provide leaders, managers and supporters with information about how we deliver quality Scouting to young people, and how we ensure it meets their needs.
- Key elements of the programme for each section
- Badges and awards
- Reviewing the programme
- The Young Leaders’ Scheme
- Youth shaped Scouting
Module 12b – Programme Planning
To provide section leaders with an opportunity to plan and review a sectional programme including the use of a variety of methods to generate programme ideas.
- How to create an exciting and relevant programme
- How to generate programme ideas
- How to review a programme to enhance it
Module 15 – Promoting Positive Behaviour - 11:00-13:00
To enable adults to promote positive behaviour and appropriately manage challenging behaviour in their section.
- Principles of promoting positive behaviour
- Responding to challenging behaviour
Module 17 – Running Safe Activities - 13:30-15:00
To enable adults to plan and run exciting, safe and developmental activities for the young people in their section.
- Importance of activities in a balanced programme
- Planning and carrying out activities safely
- Risk Assessment
- Leader in charge