The 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting (QCF) qualification is designed for aspiring weight lifting coaches to be supported in the development of their knowledge of how to effectively support the delivery of coaching sessions in a local club environment.
The course provides an introduction into the principles and practice of safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of weight lifting sessions for adults and young people in an appropriate environment.
The course will prepare you to become an assistant who will normally be under the supervision of an established and ideally more substantially qualified weight lifting coach.
Whilst enrolled upon this course you will study to:
- Understand the fundamentals of coaching sport
- Understand the principles of planning coaching activities in sport
- Understand the principles of conducting coaching activities in sport
- Understand the principles of evaluating coaching Activities in Sport
- Plan coaching activities in weight lifting
- Conduct coaching activities in weight lifting
- Evaluate coaching activities in weight lifting
The full cost is £350.
The course will run for three sessions, from 9.00 to 17.00:
8th, 9th April 2017 and assessment day 29th April
12th and 13th June 2017 and assessment day 3rd July
More information about the assessment and entry requirements can be found on the website: http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/short-courses/level-1-coaching-weight-lifting-course.htm. Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8240 4321 during office hours.