Actions and Detail Panel
2-day Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Aisling...
Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 09:15 – Sun, 23 Apr 2017, 17:00 IST
2 day Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Aisling Curtin & Dr. Trish Leonard
Accept, Connect and Take action
(Open to both professionals and public).
- Aims to teach you how to apply ACT in your daily life, and move towards your values and what matters most to you.
- How to apply ACT in your own life, to create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfillment.
- Multiple powerful ways to rapidly reduce the believability of unhelpful thoughts so they have far less control over actions.
- Experiential exercises that build defusion, mindfulness and acceptance skills.
- How to fundamentally change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings.
(Open to professionals only).
- An additional full day workshop for professionals aimed at extending your knowledge of ACT and placing the focus on applying it with your clients.
- How to use ACT to help you cope with the stresses of clients with challenging presentations.
- Learn about the six core processes of ACT, and how to apply them in your own life and with clients.
- Powerful tools to help yourself and your clients develop more flexible perspective taking.
- How to help yourself and your clients connect with core values, and take committed action.
Upon completion of this course you will:
Gain a greater ability to begin integrating ACT into your existing way of working with the challenges different clients present.
Have an understanding of each of the core ACT processes and how they can be applied to promote psychological flexibility.
Be able to apply ACT in your own life
- o To create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfillment.
- o To help you cope with the stresses of clients with challenging presentations.
- o To help protect against burnout