Actions and Detail Panel
2 Day Paediatric First Aid - Dover
Mon, 8 May 2017, 09:30 – Tue, 9 May 2017, 16:30 BST
This Paediatric First Aid course is ideal for individuals who work with or care for children. The course is designed to give each delegate a basic understannding of how to identify and handle paediatric illness and first aid emergencies.
This is a two day course. Delegates are required to attend both dates.
- Assessing the Situation and Circumstances
- Recognising the symptoms of major illness and providing the apropriate first aid
- Administering first aid to an unconcious casualty
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Administering first aid to a wounded casualty
- Administering first aid to a casualty with epilepsy, asthma and diabetes.
- Shock including anaphylactic shock
- Burns and Scolds
- Muscular and Skeletal Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- The effects of Heat and Cold
- Sudden Poisoning
On completion of this course the participant will be able to deliver safe, prompt and effective first aid to children.
Please check the following documents prior to attending
Calculate your first aid and fire marshal requirements
Find out your legal requirement for first aiders, first aid kits and fire marshals with our simple tool
Click the image below to find out more
NB: This course meets Ofsted's requirements as defined in the statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and the Child Care Register Guide.
Follow EKC Professional Learning on...