Actions and Detail Panel
2 Days of the Blade
Sat, 3 Jun 2017, 10:00 – Sun, 4 Jun 2017, 18:00 BST
2 Days of the Blade is a unique event with a rotating timetable, designed to give you the opportunity to work with some of the world's finest HEMA instructors. Attendance is capped at 60 places and students will take one workshop with each of our six event instructors, covering a broad range of different techniques and weapons.
While we have minimum protective kit requirements (see FAQ), you don't need to have all your own weapons to take part. The focus of 2 Days is to let you learn from all of our instructors without being limited by timetable clashes, equipment or oversized classes. Attendees are divided into three class groups of 20 students, and groups rotate between three instructors on each day. We have a system in place to facilitate weapon loans between attendees in different class groups so that everyone gets the most out of their weekend.
This year's 2 Days of the Blade will cover the following weapons:
Sword & Buckler with Kristine Konsmo
Longsword with Jake Norwood
Sabre/Broadsword with Matt Easton
Rapier (instructor TBA)
Sidesword (instructor TBA)
and one more weapon with our very own David Rawlings - vote for your preference when you purchase a ticket!
What's the refund policy?
We do not offer refunds if you are unable to attend the event, but we are happy to assist you in finding another buyer for your ticket if possible. Refunds are only offered if the event is cancelled or rescheduled to a date you cannot attend.
What do I need to bring?
Minimum protective gear requirements. You will not be permitted to participate in workshops without these:
- minimum 350N or equivalent purpose-made fencing jacket (gambesons or other garments made for re-enactment purposes are not acceptable)
- correctly sized fencing mask
- light gloves
The following items are recommended but not mandatory:
- heavy gloves (strongly recommended in order to get the most out of all classes)
- plastic chest protector
- elbow protection
There is a small amount of dedicated time for sparring during the event. Please note that the minimum kit requirements are not acceptable for sparring and you will require additional items (TBC).
How do weapon loans work?
Because we cover such a range of weapons, we strongly encourage everyone who owns weapons to loan them out to students in other class groups. Both steel and nylon simulators are acceptable for all weapons except rapier.
The loaning of equipment will occur under the following guidelines:
- Weapons will be borrowed from and returned to a specified location at the beginning and end of each class period.
- By borrowing equipment you accept complete responsibility for that equipment from the time you take it out until the time you return it. This should be a no-brainer, but please take very good care of other peoples' gear if you are borrowing it!
- Lenders/borrowers will be matched up by use based on the information you provide.
- London Longsword Academy will only facilitate the borrowing of weapons for classes. You need to bring all your own protective kit, and we won't be arranging any borrowing for sparring - that can be done on your own time if you so desire.
- London Longsword Academy accepts no liability for any damage to any borrowed equipment that may arise during the course of the weekend. Loaning/borrowing is done at your own risk.