2016 Wales Schools Debating Championships
Friday, 20 May 2016 at 13:00 - Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 16:00 (BST)
This competition is open to all students in Wales aged 14-18. Each secondary school/college can enter one team of 2 speakers.
Rounds take place from 29 September to 19 October 2016, with one winning team selected from each region. Motions and guidance information will be released in mid-September. Schools can choose any round to enter into, but rounds are strictly limited to 10 teams. If your first choice round is full, please choose another location from the options available. We have tried to ensure more than one convenient location for each region wherever possible.
You can register here for the Debating Championships and Training.
Debate Training Days
Training days are as follows;
- North Wales Training Day - 12 September - Bangor University
- South Wales Training Day - 14 September - Cardiff University
This year, schools are able to attend any round they choose, but rounds are strictly limited to 10 schools per round on a first come, first served basis. Rounds are as follows;
- 29 September - Ysgol Dyffryn Aman, Ammanford
- 4 October - Llandrindod High School, Llandrindod
- 5 October - Coleg Cambria, Wrexham
- 6 October - Ysgol Tryfan, Bangor
- 11 October - St Albans RC HIgh School, Pontypool
- 13 October - St John Baptist CIW School, Aberdare
- 18 October - Brynteg Comprehensive School, Bridgend
- 19 October - Cardiff 6th Form College
Please see www.wcia.org.uk/cewc/debating for further information.
Cost: £25 for team of 2 (members) / £35 (non-members). Debate training is £10 per student (members) / £20 per student (non-members). You can join our membership scheme here