San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2017 Year of History, Heritage & Archaeology
The Year of 2017 History, Heritage and Archaeology offers a unique platform for Edinburgh’s tourism businesses - a spotlight will shine on Scotland’s greatest assets , on our icons, as well as our hidden gems AND next year will also mark the 250th anniversary of the New Town plan, which transformed the city from the ‘Auld Reekie’ of the past to the ‘Athens of the North’. What better a time to celebrate Edinburgh’s rich and diverse history and heritage.
Have you thought about what it means for you? How can your business maximise the opportunity to drive visitors during the 2017 themed year?
Come to this workshop to learn more about Edinburgh's World Heritage site, the anniversary of Edinburgh’s New Town plan, and the range of activity that is being planned for 2017. We will also be launching our new dedicated 2017 Innovation Fund which is there to help you try out new ideas.
The session will help you identify ways in which you can engage with existing activity, and how you can capitalise on the opportunities it can offer to your business. It may also help you in identifying collaborations that can help you make the most of 2017.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To raise awareness of the city’s extraordinary built heritage and it’s designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- To raise awareness of the city’s 2017 plans specifically
- To identify business opportunities to attract new business and enhance the quality of the visitor experience
- To create collaborative opportunities around the 2017 Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology
- To launch the new 2017 Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology Innovation Fund
What to expect on the day:
- Hand’s on activities to help you develop and explore new heritage products/experiences
- Creative techniques to help you develop opportunities for innovation and collaboration
- Presentation from Edinburgh World Heritage
- Awareness raising of 2017 Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology
- New Town Heritage Walk- The tour will highlight some examples of the hidden history of Edinburgh’s New Town...come prepared for the weather…
- Who should attend?
Representatives of tourism businesses actively involved in developing and delivering tourism products and offerings. The programme will help you identify new ideas for products, explore them with other businesses and plan to implement them.
Please ensure you read the Edinburgh World Heritage Business Opportunity Guide before the workshop.
ETAG events are aimed at tourism businesses within Edinburgh who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis - unfortunately we can't offer place to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
ETAG MAINTAINS A 48 HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER REFUNDS FOR BOOKINGS CANCELLED LESS THAN 48 HOURS PROR TO THE EVENT.
When & Where