Actions and Detail Panel
2377- PAT Testing-Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
Tue 12 December 2017, 18:00 – 22:00 GMT
This is a 'up to' 4-session evening or a 3 day intensive course.
On completion of the courses you will be issued with an EAL Level 3 Award (QCF) certificate
At the end of the course you will have been shown how to;
- Understand your own/your employers’ responsibilities under the 1989 Electricity at Work Act.
- Know the necessity to keep all systems and portable appliances in a safe condition at all times.
- Understand the need for regular inspections.
- Carryout formal visual checks & combined inspection and testing.
- Determine the class of equipment.
- Carryout electrical checks
- Create records of electrical checks completed
- Use records resulting from the above
Accreditation and Industry Support for these Qualifications
Who are these qualifications for?
- The qualification is also suitable for qualified electricians or supervisors with limited experience of PAT testing of electrical equipment.
- Those who wish to further their career in the electrotechnical sector.
- Those who wish to obtain an Industry recognised qualification.
- Certified by EAL and City & Guilds.
- Are accredited by Ofqual at level three.
- Are recognised by industry, and were developed in conjunction with the EAL,IET, SEAWARD, ECA, and Summitskills; the sector skills council for building services engineering.
This course is aimed at any person who has a responsibility to safely test electrical equipment.
To be competent in PAT test electrical equipment
To acheive the level of competency required for PAT testing electricial equipment
- The Law
- Electrical equipment
- Electrical tests
- In-service inspection and testing
- Different types of testers
- Equipment classification
- Ways of inspection
Booking the course
When booking your course please ensure you choose either the day time or evening course.
The dates indicated are the start date of each course, with the daytime course starting on a Monday and the Evening course starting on a Wednesday.
Please call 01642 715333 for more information