Actions and Detail Panel
2394- Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
Wed 16 November 2016, 18:00 – 21:00 GMT
This is a 'up to' 6-session evening or a 5 day intensive course.
On completion of the course you will receive an EAL Level 3 Award (QCF) certificate
This course is made up of units which give the learner an understanding of the theory and practice in both single and three phase electrical installations within the:
• Initial Verification and Commissioning,
Accreditation and Industry Support for these Qualifications
Who are these qualifications for?
- The qualification is also suitable for qualified electricians or supervisors with limited experience of initial verification, inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Those who wish to further their career in the electrotechnical sector.
- Electricians who wish to carry out inspection, testing and commissioning.
- Those who wish to obtain an Industry recognised qualification.
- Certified by EAL and C&G.
- Are are accredited by Ofqual at level three.
- Are recognised by industry, and were developed in conjunction with the NICEIC, ECA, and Summitskills; the sector skills council for building services engineering.
To achieve the skills and knowledge required to complete the initial verification inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Safe Isolation
- Initial installation inspection
- Continuity of protective conductors/bonding
- Continuity of ring final circuit conductors and CPC
- Insulation resistance
- Earth electrode resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Prospective fault current
- Operation of RCD’s
- Phase sequence
- Functional testing
Booking the course
When booking your course please ensure you choose either the day time or evening course.
The dates indicated are the start date of each course, with the daytime course starting on a Monday and the Evening course starting on a Wednesday.
Please call 01642 715333 for more information