San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Il Riso del Mercato presents "Simple as Rice", a special workshop at Mercato Metropolitano.
Did you know that Italy is the biggest producer in Europe of high-quality rice, like Carnaroli for Risotto?
The organic rice producer and sommelier Cristiana Sartori and the Italian foodie and passionate cook Biagio Di Fiore will guide you through this two hours hands-on class, where you will prepare and taste:
- Omelette with red whole grain Ermes rice, fresh chestnut mushrooms and Parmigiano cheese (vegan option available)
- Spring time salad with red whole grain Ermes rice and fresh vegetables
- A delicious risotto Carnaroli with courgette and mint (vegan option available)
- A glass of white wine Gavi "Tenuta del Melo" or Spumante Brut Charmat Oltrepò Pavese, specially paired with the dishes by our sommelier Cristiana (more can be bought during the night)
3 things you will learn during your rice experience:
- tips and tricks on how to cook Italian rice to reach the perfect texture (creamy and al dente) and how to keep the texture when you cook for a lot of guests
- three different family recipes that will show you how versatile Italian rice can be and which dish each variety is best suitable for
- the best wine and food pairing to enhance the whole dining experience
Come and join us for this fun and tasty night and take advantage of our soft-launch price!
Please arrive 10 minutes in advance for a timely start.
- Class begins at 7 pm Thursday, April 6th at Mercato Metropolitano London
- We reserve the right to cancel the class at any time; in the rare eventuality this should happen you will receive a full refund
- The duration of the class is 2 hours
- The class is for over 18, minors from 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the course of the class
- Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives
Save This Event
When & Where
Mercato Metropolitano is a food hub with the allure of a farmers’ market.
Mercato Metropolitano is a playground for food lovers and artisan food producers to meet, talk, relax, shop and eat.
Because amazing things happen when you share a meal with friends.