Actions and Detail Panel
3-day Voice Collective Group Facilitation training (24th, 30th & 31st May)
Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:00 – Wed, 31 May 2017, 16:00 BST
About the course:
NOTE: This is a 3-day training course. It runs from 10am - 4pm on Wednesday 24th, Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st May 2017.
This innovative and interactive 3-day course will help you to develop the skills necessary to launch and co-facilitate a Voice Collective peer support group within your organisation.
It combines personal and professional experience to cover the following areas:
- Understanding ‘hearing voices’ and other related experiences
- Making sense of different models of understanding these experiences
- Developing a toolbox of coping strategies to support young people in their recovery
- Setting up, launching and sustaining a Voice Collective peer support group
- Practical skills for group facilitation
- Managing challenging situations in groups
Who is the course for?
People who currently work with young people:
Including psychologists, support workers, nurses, therapists, OTs, social workers, youth workers, mentors etc.
Young people (aged 16+) with lived experience of voices/visions.
Joint applications between workers & young people are particularly encouraged.
This training is FREE to anyone working with children and young people, and wishing to set up a Voice Collective peer support group.
Important Information (Please read before booking):
- As our courses are always oversubscribed, please only book your place if you are confident you are able to attend for the 3 full days.
- Please answer all questions on booking form as we use these to ensure that attendees are in our target group. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure we have all the information necessary to make this decision. If you apply, but do not appear to meet our criteria or do not give us the information we need, we reserve the right to cancel your place. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision. The project team's decision is final.
- Certificates of attendance will be provided upon request.
- Whilst this course is FREE to attendees, we reserve the right to charge a £25 administration fee for non-attendance on this course, unless we receive a cancellation in writing (via email) at least three working days prior to the event. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place as early as possible. This enables us to offer spare places to people on our waiting list, and decreases the likelihood of places going to waste.