Actions and Detail Panel
30 Hours - "Delivering Profitably" Hatfield - 9th May
Tue 9 May 2017, 09:30 – 12:00 BST
Who is it for?
Managers, owners, Head teachers, school business managers / committee chairs / committee staff
NOTE: THIS SESSION IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDMINDER BUSINESSES
This session is ideal for those providers who have started to calculate the effects of 30 hours on their businesses and have some understanding of their operational and financial model. It is quite a technical session where we go into depth on financial and operational spreadsheet models to demonstrate how your operational decisions and choices can affect profitability under the 30 hours policy
Delivering 30 hours free childcare is a challenge from many aspects not least operationally gearing up for this policy and delivering very differently to the way you may be used to.
But also it’s a financial challenge too and again there are many financial influences for any organisation trying to deliver 30 hours profitably and sustainably. This session seeks to open out the consideration of the main activities and operational choices there are which will significantly affect a childcare providers ability to make a profit and remain sustainable.
You may be surprised to find out that the rate per hour from the local authority is not the only thing, (and maybe even not the most important thing), that will affect a providers chances of making surpluses and being financially sustainable, so join us in this session if you want to understand more fully the other key factors you need to be aware of if you are to develop sound delivery models for 30 hours and still be financially sustainable in the longer term.
- To develop a deeper understanding of the key business and operational factors affecting childcare providers when trying to develop a delivery model for 30 hours
- To learn how to consider effective changes to your operational activity to increase your chances of delivery 30 hours more profitably
- To learn how to use our “Delivering profitably” tool for assessing the financial effects of any operational changes you may consider
- To enable a better understand how financial sustainability is affected by several factors and not just the local LA rate per hour
- Develop understanding of how to best to adapt your business delivery model to remain sustainable