Actions and Detail Panel
3D Printing - an Introduction
Wed 3 May 2017, 10:00 – 15:00 BST
We help educators, businesses and individuals unlock the full potential of desktop 3D printing.
Using 3D printing as a starting point, it's now easy to create your designs in plastic and even metal.
This hands-on workshop, led by Dr Andy Green and Dr Diane Taktak, provides a basic introduction to desktop 3D printing. They will cover:
- Brief background to 3D printing
- Basic components and operation of a desktop 3D printer
- Apps for creating and editing 3D models
- Optimising your 3D designs for printing
- Useful sites for downloading 3D models
- Complementary materials, tools and processes
- Tips, tricks and common problems
They will use examples from manufacturing, food technology, education and fashion.
Who should attend?
- SMEs in creative and manufacturing industries
- Businesses interested in low cost prototyping and small volume production
- Those wishing to offer customised and personalised designs to their customers
- Educators interested in using 3D printing as an instructional tool
We strongly recommend that attendees bring a laptop with them in order to gain the most from the workshop.
Workshop code: 3DP/BA/03