Actions and Detail Panel
4. Coding in the curriculum (KS1/KS2/KS3)
Mon 16 January 2017, 13:30 – 15:30 GMT
This is a hands-on workshop looking at ideas for developing coding in the KS1/KS2/KS3 curriculum, especially with iPad and free tools and apps, including Swift Playgrounds.
Delegates will be able to play with a variety of tools and devices to allow students to learn coding basics and see the end result of their work in practical applications.
We will also look at resources and approaches to make the teaching of coding less intimidating.
Delegates will learn:
• Experience some easy ways to introduce coding into the KS1/KS2/KS3 curriculum
• Try a range of apps to develop literacy & numeracy through coding
• Get a hands-on preview of Apple’s Playgrounds app for developing coding with Swift
• Look at some free resources support coding