Actions and Detail Panel
4h Hands-on Pasta Course with lunch at the special price of £55/person
Thu 30 March 2017, 12:00 – 16:00 BST
Join us for this special masterclass at Mercato Metropolitano and learn how to make fresh egg pasta from scratch! At the end of the class, you will be able to make lasagne sheets, tagliatelle nd other ribbons, ravioli and tortellini!!!
In this hands-on fun class for a group of max 12 you will learn:
- The difference between various types of pasta and some interesting historic facts about pasta
- How to prepare the perfect fresh egg dough and knead it as a pro!
- How to make different types of ribbons (tagliatelle, fettuccine, pappardelle...), using both a pasta machine and a rolling pin
- How to make filled pasta: ricotta & spinach ravioli, classic tortellini and chef ravioli
- Plenty of tricks and tips!
At around 2 pm we will take a 20 minutes break and eat a bowl of freshly made (by you!) tagliatelle and you will also learn how to properly cook pasta as well as sauces combinations. Please note: drinks are not included but you can purchase them at one of Mercato Metropolitano's numerous stalls.
At the end of the class, you will take with you a tray of ravioli and tortellini to enjoy with family and friends, plus recipe cards to keep preparing your pasta from scratch at home!
Please arrive 10 minutes early for a timely start!
Location: The Cookery Kitchen at Mercato Metropolitano. Mercato Metropolitano is a vibrant space where everyone shares the same passion for food and social relationships. They want to have a small impact on everyone’s well-being – the MM movement is a reaction to large scale big industry which is overdeveloped and short on principles – we have lost the way, their approach is to draw on the basic principles of ‘small is beautiful’ and ‘natural is good.’
- Please note our classes are for adults only - please contact us to check if we can accommodate participants under 18 years old (but over 12 years old and accompanied by a ticket holding adult)
- we reserve the right to cancel the class at any time; in the rare eventuality should this happen you will receive a full refund and a discount on the next class as an apology for the inconvenience
- Min participants 6 - Max 12 people. Should we not reach the min number the class might be rescheduled
- Please note should you wish to cancel the class with less than 48h notice we will do our best to find a substitute and refund your ticket, but we are unable to guarantee a full refund - with over 48th notice a full refund will be issued within 24 hours from the request.