San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
5th Annual Schools Conference , Manchester
Grief and Bereavement in Schools "Let's Talk About it".
Designed to be useful for those who work in the education sector, or who might help any children that are faced with or dealing with bereavement.
The proposed programme is to include:
- The bereaved child in school - from early years to adolescence
- School support for bereaved children - a parent's view
- A framework for the management of death and bereavement in schools
- The impact of suicide on the community
- Supporting younger pupils to promote emotional and physical well-being
- Joining together to support families after suicide
- A bereaved young person's perspective
- The impact of traumatic experiences on children and young people.
"Really insightful and helpful. It has made a big difference
to what I understand about bereavement and my knowledge
of how to approach and support pupils and parents."
Previous conference delegate.
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.