Mindfulness is a practical skill that can be learned by anyone and can help people to approach their life in a way that is less stressful and more rewarding regardless of what the circumstances are.
The benefits of mindfulness are:
• Improved focus and concentration
• Increased ability to access ‘calm’ under pressure
• Increased self-awareness
• Skillful ways to respond to difficult emotions and situations
• Reduced vulnerability to stress & anxiety
• Enhanced health and immune response
• Increased compassion, empathy for and understanding of others
What can participants expect during a session?
Introduction to what mindfulness is
Guided meditation and quieting practices to settle a busy mind
Sound and breath as anchoring practices and supports to mindfulness
Basic mindful movement
Body scan practice (mat and blanket required)
Sitting mindfulness practice
Mindfulness in daily living
Mindfulness at work
These one hour sessions sessions are suitable for everyone from beginners to experienced practitioners.
The class will run every Wednesday from 5th October to 16th November 2016.
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL NOT BE A CLASS ON 26TH OCTOBER
If you miss a class it is not a problem as you can pick it up at the next one.
Tickets are non-refundable or transferable
A small number of drop in places available for £7 per class - booked places get priority :)