Our ‘Start & Grow’ Business workshop is spread over 6 sessions each or which can last up to 3.5 hours (break included). Our experienced mentors will guide you through the whole start up process and beyond, as well as working with and learning from your peers.
The Program will include the following:
Sessions 1 & 2 – Introduction to being in business, Exploring your Business idea/s and Business Info\Background\Objectives\Strategy.
- What is your idea in summary ? Why do you wish to pursue this idea ?
- What are you looking to achieve….in the short term and in the longer term ?
- What do you need to do in broad terms to meet these objectives ?
These sessions will help you establish a check list to help your thinking. We will analyse with you the strengths and weaknesses of your business idea , consider the opportunities and the risks and help you develop a framework which will set you on the way to completing a business plan.
Session 3 – Sales & Marketing
This session will help you address the following questions :
- Which marketplace am I operating within ? Who are my target customers?
- Who are my competition ? What are their strengths\weaknesses ?
- What are my options in terms of the make up of the product\service I intend to launch
- How do I come up with the correct approach to pricing ?
- How should I present\package my idea\product ? What is the best way of approaching my target customers ?
- How do I make decisions on the best promotional techniques
Session 4 – Operations
This Section will help you look into the below operational aspects of running a business.
- Suppliers/Sub-contractors – How do I find them? do I need more than 1?
- Premises – Firstly can you justify having a premises? State why it is important for your business.
- Equipment/Transportation – how will you deliver products to customers or how will your client get to you? What will it cost?
- Legal requirements – When starting a business you must register your business and set up with a suitable legal structure – e.g:
- Sole Trader
- Limted Company
Session 5 – Financials
In this session you will use the information you have researched and gathered to generate a forecast in sales, costs and profit. (templates will be provided).
This section includes;
- Personal Survival budget
- Sales forecast
- Cash flow forecast
- Explanation of figures
Session 6 – Executive Summary, Finalising Business Plan & becoming an AsSYSTed Business.
- Page long summary and finalising of previous 5 session to create your business plan.
- Presentation – certificates and becoming an AsSYSTed Business.
You can attend all 6 or select which will be of more benefit to you - book here - http://www.systbusiness.co.uk/event/business-workshop/