Actions and Detail Panel
7. Read, Write, Speak - using iPad to develop literacies in English & MFL
Wed 3 May 2017, 13:15 – 15:45 BST
In this workshop, you will explore ways to harness the potential of iPad and webtools to develop competence in Reading, Writing and Speaking skills in both English and MFL subjects such as French.
Discover free resources including multitouch books and some of the best apps to encourage collaboration between students.
Learn firsthand from experienced English and MFL teachers and members of The de Ferrers Academy Learning Technology Innovation team.
• Explore & assess several approaches to developing literacy and language skills, through hands-on sessions with iPad and a number of creative apps.
• Learn how to use multitouch books and a range of common AFL apps.
• Pick up tips and ideas for instructional design and the best approaches to embedding and using video in everyday learning activities
• Evaluate lesson plans and ideas for encouraging groupwork