Actions and Detail Panel
8. STEAM & learning technologies workshop
Mon 3 July 2017, 09:00 – 13:00 BST
Almost every year sees a growing demand for jobs involving STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) but also a need for the creative thinking, innovation and critical evaluation of the Arts. This is the key aim of STEAM.
Mobile technology, coding tools and cheap robots mean that it is now easier than ever to integrate STEM and STEAM and bring the curriculum alive for students.
This is a hands-on discovery workshop of activities on ways to use technology to incorporating STEM/STEAM into the curriculum
Delegates will learn:
• Investigate real ways to build STEAM into the curriculum
• Try some apps and iPad accessories that can help teach STEAM subjects
• Plan a STEAM lesson and share feedback with colleagues
• Look at some of the available STE(A)M tools and accessories to enrich lessons