Actions and Detail Panel
A Comprehensive Guide to Financial Trading
Fri 24 March 2017, 17:00 – 20:00 GMT
Alpha Academic has established itself as a leading provider of vocational education in the heart of the City of London.
Whether you’ve discovered a passion for trading or you’re considering a career change, this workshop will give you an overview for trading professionally. This unique trading workshop will be led by a practising market maker. Mr Tubby has over 43 years of industry experience across all asset classes and major events.
Within this workshop, he will provide a comprehensive overview of the industry and explore the elements required to trade on the financial markets such as fundamentals and technical analysis, risk management, trading techniques, trading plans, and most importantly, trading psychology.
- In this session, we will explain how spread-betting is different from professional trading and why it should be avoided?
Fundamental and technical analysis
- When released, economic indicators and policy statements often have a volatile “trigger” effect on financial markets.
- Traders with a detailed understanding of these indicators - and how markets react to their announcement - will consistently stay one step ahead of significant market moves.
- In this session, we will show you how indicators interrelate with each other and impact the markets.
- These are broken down into commodities including metals, agriculture, energy; and financials including equities, Forex and fixed income.
- In this session, we will illustrate how to group these to form a trading basket and their respective behaviour on the market, laws and regulations.
- A fatal mistake when making a trade is not having an idea of the point at which you will close out for a profit or a loss.
- Losses will often provoke people to revenge trade in the hope to make their money back, while profits often entice traders to take them too quickly.
- In this session, we will learn how to protect ourselves through discipline.
- Once you know what kinds of stocks or currency, etc. you intend to trade, you will need to learn how to identify potential entry and exit points.
- In this session, we will look at some technical tools to help identity these entry points, such as moving averages cross-overs, RSI, etc.
How to create a trading plan
- “Every battle is won before it’s fought” , in other words, it’s planning and strategy that wins the war not the battle itself.
- In this session, we will learn how to “plan the trade and trade the plan”, just like in a war, planning ahead can often be the difference between success and failure.
The impact of Trump and Brexit on the financial markets
- Undoubtedly, we have seen the market reaction reflecting the fears and uncertainty surrounding how president Trump will run the US, and how his actions will impact the global economy.
- On this side of the Atlantic, we’ve also witnessed Britain leaving the EU – the country’s biggest decision in more than a generation, which has ushered in an era of uncertainty.
- In this session, we will summarise the impact so far and analyse what is next to impact the markets.
Practice on a professional trading system
- Last but not least, you will get hands-on practice on a professional trading system, and because we want to enhance your learning experience, you will get a 2-week free trial to practice with at home.