The Bodhrán, the heartbeat of Irish music, is an ancient drum made from wood and goatskin and beaten with a wooden stick. This fun and inclusive three-week course, led by Irish percussionist Ruairi Glasheen, will explore the history of this dynamic instrument and a range of technical and musical skills required to play the Bodhrán.
The course will cover :
- The history of the Bodhrán, how they are made and how to look after your Bodhrán
- Technique: how to hold your Bodhrán, tipper, development of different strokes and exploration of various playing positions.
- Jig, reel and syncopated patterns and variations
- Reading simple notation and creating your own patterns
- Saturday 26th November , 11:00 – 12:30
- Saturday 3rd December, 11:00 – 12:30
- Saturday 10th December, 11:00 – 12:30
Price: £31.50 inclusive of all three dates ( Excluding £2.54 Eventbrite service charge)
- 160 Buckingham Palace Rd, London SW1W 9UD
- 5 minute walk from Victoria train station
- 2 minute walk from Victoria coach station