Learn why it’s essential to incorporate social science into your partner search and once you do meet the right person, learn how to flirt to show them you are interested
You’d like to be in a relationship, but it’s just not happening? Do you feel it’s "hard work" and "all the good ones are taken"? Led by social and cultural anthropologist and founder of Flirtology Jean Smith, this evening class will help you pinpoint exactly where you are going wrong on your search for love.
The first half of the class will focus on how using social science as a foundation for your partner search can help you get on the right track. The second half of the class is all about the flirting! Once you know how to find the right people, you need to know how to show them you are interested.
This class, designed for all genders, has a theoretical and practical approach that will empower you to better identify an appropriate partner. You will leave feeling more empowered, knowing what you have been doing wrong and exactly how to fix it.
Some of the topics covered:
- How to incorporate social scientific methodologies into your partner search
- Examining your partner criteria: why your criteria may be ineffective, and what to do about it if it is
- Why you are currently finding flirting scary - rather than fun - and how to change your outlook
- H.O.T. A.P.E: a step-by-step guide on how to flirt (without looking desperate), using Jean’s scientific research on flirting
- How to deal with rejection by looking at it as something positive and useful rather than a negative experience
- How to make an invisi-shield against rejection
- Q&A: an invaluable opportunity to ask Jean any questions you have about the art of flirting
Jean Smith is a social and cultural anthropologist, who believes making connections is based on science, but should be fun and easy. Her book, The Flirt Interpreter, looks at flirting in different cultures and reveals the six universal signs of flirting. As the founder of Flirtology, she teaches people how make connections with others romantically, socially and professionally. She’s a TEDx speaker and has been featured on Woman’s Hour for a segment on the science of flirting. She tweets @flirtology.
Save This Event
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.