Actions and Detail Panel
A Natural Health Service: Developing partnerships
Thu 20 October 2016, 18:00 – 20:00 BST
As part of Healthy City Week 2016, the West of England Nature Partnership are delighted to be hosting an evening event which explores how nature and health partners are working together to deliver integrated and improved health outcomes. From green prescriptions to woodland wellbeing, inspiring young people and empowering elders, discover how nature can help shift the focus from illness to lifelong wellness… Naturally!
Hear directly from those involved in specialised nature and health care and the positive impact it can have on people’s lives, from those living with dementia, to children and young people, for improving mental health and physical activity – nature has something for everyone and could be a longer lasting and sustainable approach to wellbeing.
- Becky Pollard, Director of Public Health, Bristol City Council
- Dr Michael Dixon (OBE), College of Medicine, GP, Social Prescribing Network
- Dr Trevor Thompson, School of Community Medicine, University of Bristol
- Geoff Keogh, Co-Event Director, Ashton Court Parkrun
- Dr Alan Kellas, Nature-Based Health Care rep, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Rowena Kenny, Wild4Life, South Gloucestershire Council
- Michael Connors, Director, Human Nature