Actions and Detail Panel
A Resource Efficient Scotland Showcase Tour – Elmwood Golf
Thu 23 March 2017, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT
How an award-winning Cupar-based golf course reduced its water consumption by over 60% through innovative measures
Elmwood Golf Course is an 18 hole course and its site operates both as a daily-play green fee course, and as a key teaching resource for its parent organisation SRUC, which includes a range of greenkeeping and golf course management courses on its curriculum.
Elmwood has over the years demonstrated a real enthusiasm and commitment to resource efficiency by:
- reducing its mains water consumption by over 60% since 2014;
- reducing its volume of waste going to landfill by an average of 800 litres per week;
- decreasing the food waste it generates by approximately 15%;
- setting up a Golf Course Green Team which monitors and audits resource efficiency across the site; and
- minimising waste through its supply chain.
Join us on this unique behind the scenes tour of this award-winning golf course to see the many successful improvements that have been made, including:
- its Waste2Water system which filters & recycles run-off water;
- the switch from mains to borehole water for irrigation;
- the installation of low-energy lighting;
- its vermicomposter which recycles food waste;
- the new hybrid ride-on greens mower
- its installation of percussion taps and manual flushers on urinals across the site.
In addition you will also hear about how the golf course trialled building a green out of processed glass.
If you’re an SME and would like to improve performance and save money by using less energy, water and materials, then make sure you join this knowledge sharing session supported by Scottish Golf.
Limited spaces and priority bookings:
Preference will be given to delegates from small and medium sized enterprises wishing to attend the workshop for learning purposes.
Due to the popularity of Resource Efficient Scotland events, places are limited to two people per organisation in the first instance. Additional colleagues, students and individuals wishing to attend to network may request a place and, if space permits, will be able to join the training.
For further information or to discuss other site visit opportunities and dates, please contact email@example.com or call 0800 808 2268.
Data protection: It is important to note that the information you provide Zero Waste Scotland will be treated in the strictest of confidence, except when we are required to disclose data by law or applicable regulatory requirement, including any disclosure required under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and/or any code or applicable data agreement relating to disclosure and access to information held by public bodies.
Your information will be used for service delivery and research studies by Zero Waste Scotland LTD. In addition, we will use your details to send you information about other services and products that may be of interest.
For more information visit http://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/content/data-protection-policy