Spend a relaxed and absorbing day under the guidance of artist and designer Helen Rhodes creating a rich and decorative artwork telling your own Winter's tale, one you'll want to frame and enjoy each year when the nights draw longer.
Helen will share the secrets behind her different techniques, show you how to use gold and silver to best effect, and how to design borders to embellish your artwork.
The workshop includes:
- Artist’s ‘show and tell’ using Helen's own artworks, art books and materials.
- All materials and tools.
- Helen will share her techniques, give guidance on how to use pattern and shape, and how to tell your Winter's tale within your own original artwork.
- Designing patterns and borders for your artwork.
- Advice on framing, costs and suppliers.
This workshop is for a maximum of 7 people, and suitable for all abilities.
Venue & What’s Included
This workshop is run 10am - 4.00pm by The Refectory Table at a friendly and spacious house in Loughborough, Leicestershire. Full details and directions will be sent to you upon booking.
- All materials and tools are provided.
- You’ll be well looked after with refreshments all day, a home cooked two-course lunch (we cater to all dietary needs) and homebaked cake before the final session, and leave with a goodie bag full of treats.
What people say about our workshops with Helen Rhodes
"An amazing and creative workshop in amazing and inspiring surroundings! The best day I have had for ages – wonderful to "be" and be creative."
"Being in Helen's company for a creative day was a sheer joy. Her creativity, guidance and generosity passing on her unique way of creating beautiful images, colours and textures was simply inspiring and a truly wonderful fun and most enjoyable experience."
"Very friendly environment, well paced & inspirational. Superb hospitality, lovely food – really great all round."
'You'll have a totally chilled day, be fed exceptionally well, and go home inspired."
About the Tutor - Helen Rhodes
Helen Rhodes’ unique paintings and illustrations are instantly recognisable. As well as working to commission, Helen has been creating and selling her original artwork through galleries nationwide for twenty years. Her work combines intensely rich colours, textures and patterns with naïve compositions.
The Art Group, Art File and Woodmansterne have used Helen’s designs. In 2011 Helen introduced her own range of cards, her own products now include prints, ceramics, brooches, stationery and textiles.