Actions and Detail Panel
ABHI SEMINAR: Making value-based procurement a reality
Thu 23 March 2017, 09:30 – 14:30 GMT
NEW SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED!
The value agenda is becoming increasingly important as the NHS grapples to improve outcomes and control costs. However, procurement - a critical enabler - lags behind in delivering that strategic intent. A focus on short-term savings prevails.
ABHI's seminar will explore how value-based procurement goes hand-in-hand with value-based health care. Speakers will use as a case study the innovative approach to procuring outcomes for Cataract Surgery across the Health Service in Wales.
By attending this event you will learn how value-based procurement can be achieved by:
- focusing on the right outcomes
- using different contracting approaches, and
- taking a strategic, whole-system view.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Diane Bell, Director - Healthcare, PA Consulting
- Rob McGough, Partner - Commercial, Captsticks Solicitors LLP
- Nick Pimlott, Partner - Fieldfisher LLP
- Kevin Downs, Director of Finance & Performance, Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Gary Welch, Director of Procurement and Supply Chain, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Programme Director, Shelford Group Procurement Programme
- Brian Mangan, Deputy Director, NHS NW Procurement Development
View the latest programme here
ABHI Members: £149pp + VAT
Non-Members: £199pp + VAT
Please read our Terms & Conditions of booking before registering for this event.