ABSENCE MANAGEMENT COURSE
Employee absence has a huge impact on organisations and Businesses. It affects staff morale, disrupts the work of others, and reduces the quality of work outputs. Whether the absence is planned, incidental, or extended, it carries costs, risks and impact on productivity. Research has shown that organisations with a robust and efficient absence management policy see a decrease in staff absenteeism.
“A practical guide to improving attendance and managing sickness for managers”
This 1 day course will introduce delegates to the principles and best practice approach to managing absence
Who should attend?
The workshop is suitable for individuals who have management and supervisory responsibility at any level and aims to provide delegates with the tools and knowledge to understand the causes of absence and how to effectively manage attendance.
Delegates will receive
- 7 Guided learning hours (GLH)
- Personal coaching from an expert trainer
- Manual and support materials
- Guided role-playing
- Aspects of compliance and the cost of absence
- Impact of poor attendance and how to effectively manage absence
- Best practice for dealing with long term & short term absence
- Effective return to work meetings
- The return to work interview.
- Clear disciplinary policy
- How to develop an Attendance Management Policy
- Working Proactively with Occupational Health
- Increase understanding of the impact and cost of absence from work.
- Appreciate of the importance and need to manage absence effectively.
- How to set up an absence management policy.
- Develop and Practice sound Interpersonal skills involved in dealing with absence notification and return to work interviews.
- Understanding the links with an organisation’s disciplinary procedures.
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses
and onsite corporate training