Academic Style - Mythbusting!
Tuesday, 8 November 2016 from 14:00 to 15:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The idea of developing an 'academic writing style' can seem quite daunting; this wide-ranging and informal group workshop aims to demystify what is, and indeed isn't, typical of academic writing. The sort of ideas we will investigate include:
- How do I put across opinions well, without writing 'I'?
- How long is an ideal paragraph?
- How should I structure paragraphs?
- Is academic writing always long-winded, or is there a right time to be brief?
- How do I know if I sound formal enough?
After the workshop, you should feel more confident in knowing the basics of the right way to construct academic writing at the different levels of sentence, paragraph and full assingment.