Actions and Detail Panel
Academic Writing: an introduction (for Science and Engineering researchers)
Wed 16 November 2016, 09:30 – 12:30 GMT
This workshop examines academic writing conventions in the Sciences and Engineering, with a focus on writing your thesis. It will be particularly relevant to those of you in the early stages of thesis writing.
During this interactive workshop you will:
- consider the purpose of the thesis, its structure and format
- connect with your own motivation for writing
- practice writing your abstract
- explore techniques for drafting, revising and finalising your writing
- learn how to structure an argument
- learn how to incorporate the work of others in support of your argument
- analyse and learn from the writing of other
This workshop will be led by Dr Jen Allanson of TupleSpace.
RDF Mapping: A1, A2, D2