This half day training will show you how to improve attendance in your organisation. We will provide detail of good practices and discuss some of the key skills and techniques that can make managing absenteeism easier.
This session covers:-
- What is absenteeism and what causes it
- Identifying patterns of short-term absence
- Benefits of an absence policy
- Line manager skills, consistency, communication and fairness
- Statement of Fitness for Work (the fitnote). Are these binding? What can an employer do on receipt of a fitnote?
- Absence management and the legal landscape: maternity issues; fit notes; unauthorised absence;
- Return to work discussions and further action
- Dealing with short and long term sickness absence and setting triggers
- How to manage long-term absence. Keeping in-touch and access to medical records
- Disability discrimination; reasonable adjustments; discipline and dismissal
What else do you need to know?
A member of the local Acas team
0115 934 8400