Accelerated Leadership and Management Programme Unit 8
This is the booking link for unit 8 - Coaching skills for managers
An examination of the major differences between coaching, mentoring, counselling and advising will be followed by a brief description of a basic coaching model and practical experience of working with this. There will also be a feedback session looking at how performance management tools studied during the previous session have been utilised in the workplace in between sessions and some models given on how best to administer feedback.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between different ways of interacting with staff on a one to one basis and when to use them
- Use basic coaching and mentoring methods with staff to help develop and empower them
- Give appropriate and effective feedback
- Understand some of the concepts behind performance management
12 half day sessions from 9am-1pm at Pure Offices, Weston Super Mare
Held on 3rd Monday of each month
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accreditation is being applied for and can be applied retrospectively. The course is a rolling programme and can be started at any point during the year.
- Do you want your team to feel empowered, listen, and join with you to grow your business and achieve massive success?
- Are you struggling to manage your team, and don’t know how to get the best out of them?
- Can you see your way forward in the business, and want to make sure you take your team with you?
This course is for all leaders and managers wishing to develop themselves and their teams to achieve accelerated business success. Maximise yours and your team’s potential to achieve outstanding results. With a mixture of accelerated learning, skills training, coaching and peer to peer learning from other businesses, what better way to gain strategic distance and develop your skills and knowledge with a minimum amount of time and to create your business success. With just one morning a month in a group session, you can learn all you need to develop yourself and your team to help you achieve everything you want, to take your business to outstanding accelerated results, and at an extremely reasonable price.
- What is Leadership?
- Project management
- Leadership models,
- Coaching skills for leaders
- Visioning; vision, mission and values,
- Communication skills
- The team;Change, motivation and influence
- Personal development
- Delegation and feedback
- Managing difficult issues
- Strategy and performance
- Review and planning
- You will learn: (and this is not an exhaustive list!)
- The skills and qualities you need to be a good leader and/or manager, important personality styles and models that help you build the most effective team
- Appropriate management styles to make your team its most effective
- How to gain sign up and ownership from the team, how to communicate company vision, mission, values and purpose to the team, how to manage your own state and to use this to effectively motivate and influence your team
- how change affects both the team and individuals, and how to lead and motivate your team through it
- what a project is, risk assessment methods and issues around managing a project team if you are not the direct line manager of those within it.
- how to delegate effectively to your team, how to give effective and quality feedback to the team and its members, and why effective feedback and delegation are so important in motivating your team.
- how to think strategically and distance yourself as a leader from the day-to-day running of the business, performance management techniques and appropriate ways to manage performance of your team
- Coaching and mentoring methods to help develop and empower staff
- Presentation tools and ways to build your confidence in public speaking
- How your own state affects your leadership abilities and time management skills
- How to approach difficult conversations with staff; how to handle grievances and resolve conflicts
- and much much more!
Don’t take our word for it, hear what our clients have to say:
“Since working with Coral I have become more confident in my leadership abilities… This has helped me to gain fantastic results in the business” Joy West, Director, Hartsfield Trustee Services
A year’s programme of 12 half day sessions for only £2,400, SPECIAL OFFER 1/3 off until September 2016, contact Coral Jones on 01275 843923 for further details.