Actions and Detail Panel
Accelerated Learning CPD Programme - Stephenson College
Wed 26 April 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Join our new full-day CPD Programme called Accelerated Learning, and discover how to integrate our unique competition methodology into all your curriculum and training programmes to reap rewards for students, teaching professionals and your organisation.
Participants will fully-engage through the interactive sessions exploring the themes led by our experienced practitioners to understand how:
- Competition can accelerate the training process.
- Competition elements can be introduced into your curriculum.
- Coaching approaches can empower the learner.
- Feedback is used as an effective teaching tool.
Using competition activity can demonstrate to OFSTED how you are meeting the common inspection framework standards.
Themes to be explored during the session include:
- Ways in which you could include competition into a single lesson, periodically or into the yearly curriculum.
- How to write a brief for competitors which allows them to deliver what you expect to assess. Plus subjective and objective marking.
- Selecting criteria that could be assessed objectively or subjectively. Deciding who should make the assessment. How to plan the competition task.
- Methods used to prepare international competitors, using techniques
- Core competencies, the excellence standard and how to convey it.
- Kolb’s model as a framework for improvement.
- The advantages of using self-assessment.
- Coaching as a shared process and how to overcome barriers.
- Practising active listening.
- How to optimise feedback as a way of learning.
Participants will finish the programme with the knowledge and resources to integrate competition methodology into teaching practice.