Join industry experts in London to improve your understanding of the technical, political and economic dimensions of access to space. Multiple expert speakers will present the following materials in the context of an end-to-end space mission, including an overview of launch systems.
Why should you attend?
- To widen community understanding of the complex technical, political and economic nature of Access to Space including launch systems in the UK context.
- To begin the task of training a new workforce who could develop, implement and operate a UK launch capability.
- Ensure coherent and useful input can be provided to updated technology roadmaps.
Overview & learning objectives
- Access to Sace in the context of an End to End Space Mission
- Challenges related to access to space: technical, economic and political dimensions.
- Launch System technology overview
- UK context: IGS, National Space Technology Strategy & roadmaps, UK Small launcher / small satellite needs, spaceports, insurance & licensing
- Networking & opportunities to get involved in UK activity
Who is this aimed at?
- Young professionals seeking CPD
- Local / regional stakeholders, e.g. Westcott, spaceport sites, Propulsion companies
- Potential Developers of Access to Space capabilities, e.g. Tranquility, L-M, Newton, Firefly etc.
- Supply chain companies especially from outside the space industry
- Postgraduate students, UKSEDS community.