Actions and Detail Panel
Accredited Level 3 Education Training (AET)
Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 09:00 – Wed, 22 Mar 2017, 16:00 GMT
This fully accredited Level 3 qualification is designed to introduce learners to teaching and is ideal for a wide variety of people aiming to work in teaching or training roles.
It is an ideal stepping stone for individuals who want to move on to complete more specialist teaching diplomas in the future, or for those who plan to move into the work based learning sector or voluntary sector as qualified training providers.
THE (AET) AWARD IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING COURSE WILL:
– Give you an understanding of your role as a teacher, and the boundaries and responsibilities you must adhere to as a teacher
– Show you how to successfully plan and execute lessons or training sessions
– Teach you how to deliver lessons in an inclusive nature to engage all students
– Help you understand motivating factors in order that you can get the best results from all students or trainees
– Introduce you to a variety of assessment methods and record keeping requirements
– Provide an overview of crucial regulations, legislation and codes of teaching practice
There are no formal entry requirements required to complete the Level 3 AET, but you will need to be well organised and have good written English in order to complete the appropriate tasks and get a full understanding of the course materials. Teaching and training roles require excellent communication skills and it can be very beneficial if you already know how to communicate well with a variety of people.
HOWEVER, THESE SKILLS WILL BE HONED BY THE AET COURSE AND OVER THE DURATION OF THE COURSE YOU WILL:
– Develop your interpersonal and communication skills
– Reflect on your own experience level and skills and assess your potential for future development
– Become aware of your professional role as a teacher and understand the legal requirements and value systems which come with it
– Understand the basic principles of teaching, learning, evaluation and assessment and be prepared to build on this via future learning or work experience
In order to assess your teaching skills, this accredited AET course will require you to participate in group forum discussions and present lessons to your group. This practical aspect will give you the opportunity to put theory into practice and enhance your lesson planning and presentation skills. You will also be required to evaluate your own work and that of your peers, which is also an excellent opportunity to put into practice your knowledge of assessment and evaluations.