Actions and Detail Panel
Action learning - a catalyst for personal development and organisational ch...
Wed 17 May 2017, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
The event will comprise of:
- An explanation of what Action Learning is and what it is not, whilst exploring the underpinning theory.
- How Action Learning can work for an organisation both internally or accessing it externally.
- Reviewing a case study to assess the benefits and pitfalls of the developmental approach.
- Participation in some experiential activities on deep listening, powerful questioning and self reflection.
- From this, look at the structure of a basic Action Learning Set.
Concluding the evening with questions and answers as well as signposting to further information
Nicki Sansom BSc(Open), MCIPD,FMAAT
Nikki has experience across a broad spectrum of local government including corporate governance, fraud prevention and risk management. The areas she has found most rewarding are organisational development and change management. Her most recent programmes have been to co-locate public sector bodies, improve service delivery through channel shift and deploy Action Learning into an organisation.
Nikki is a Chartered member of the CIPD and a Fellow of the Associating of Accounting Technicians. She has also obtained a BSc in psychology and social science to help understand how psychology can be applied for social, personal and environmental benefit. Outside of the corporate environment, she has applied her skills working in the voluntary sector supporting NHS counsellors and facilitating support groups.
Nikki has recently moved to Dorking, having spent many years in Hampshire. She can be found making the most of her new environment running and cycling in the Surrey Hills.
PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ATTEND THIS EVENT ONCE BOOKED - IT'S PAID FOR FROM YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEES.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.
Is there any parking at the event?
Are refreshments provided?
Tea, coffee and biscuits