Actions and Detail Panel
Active Students Xtra - Learn to Board (UH students only)
Tue 24 January 2017, 19:00 – 20:00 GMT
Active Students Extra is a bit different to the normal Active Students programme. We’re offering you the opportunity sign up and commit to learn a new sport or skill over 6 weeks. The sports on offer are not your average , every-day activities, hence why we’re asking you to contribute towards the costs - these prices are still really good value for money and heavily subsidised.
Do you want to learn how to ski? Active Students Xtra is running a 6 week Learn to Ski course at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead (about 20 minutes from Hatfield) which has real snow! The aim of this course is to teach you the fundamentals of skiing and how to use the ski lifts.
What does the course include?
- 1 hour of tuition each week for 6 weeks with qualified instructors
- All skiing equipment is included. You just need to wear warm clothes, tracksuit bottoms are fine but waterproof clothes are great (no jeans!) and don’t forget to bring gloves!
- Ski clothing is available to hire from the Snow Centre
- Helmets are compulsory and are provided by the Snow Centre.
Please note: these sessions are for beginners only. This course is not suitable for those who have skied before.
When booking your place, you will be given two options for transport; either select a ticket that includes or excludes transport. The options are below:
1. Make your own way there and meet everyone at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead each week
2. Active Students will provide transport from College Lane (meet outside the Students Union at 5.30pm) to the Snow Centre and back.
Tuesday 24th Jan 19:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 31st Jan 19:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 7th Feb 19:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 14th Feb 19:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 21st Feb 19:00 – 20:00
Tuesday 28th Feb 19:00 – 20:00
Due to the progressive nature of the course it is important to attend each week to complete the content of the course. If you miss a session, you may not be eligible to complete the remaining weeks. The final decision lies with the course instructor.
Terms and conditions:
- Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability.
- Payment must be taken in full at the time of booking. We are unable to reserve or hold places on courses.
- A refund can be offered if requested more than 7 days ahead of the start date of the course. Less than 7 days prior to the start date, the participant will only be offered a refund if another full paying customer is able to take this place (e.g. if there are other students on the waiting list).
- If you are unable to attend one of the sessions, please notify Active Students with as much notice as possible by emailing Activestudents@herts.ac.uk or calling 01707 283249.