Actions and Detail Panel
ADDRESS FOR SUCCESS™! Speaking in Public: How to Win Over an Audience
Tue 13 June 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 EEST
At some point in our lives, we are all going to be asked to address an audience. Professionally, this may mean simply explaining something to a small team of colleagues or making a major presentation on behalf of the company at an international conference. Personally, it may mean anything from speaking at a wedding reception to responding to questions from a TV crew in the street or shopping mall.
One of the most useful skills we can have is the ability to think well and to express ourselves clearly. In this way we can demonstrates our expertise in any subject and convince others that we know what we are talking about. But while we can all communicate, few people can actually connect with an audience.
For many people, however, the very idea of standing on a stage in front of other people is one that fills them with dread. And yet we have all seen and heard speakers who captivate us from the moment they open their mouth, those we will later describe as ‘charismatic’ or ‘inspirational’. What have they got that we haven’t?
The simple answer is “nothing” because, with training, practice, practice and more practice (!), everyone can learn to communicate effectively. After receiving so many requests – especially from people who need to make a public presentation and are totally stressed out by the thought – to provide a short but substantial course in mastering the art of public speaking, I have decided to do so and I wanted to let you know about it.
This one-day (7 hours) intensive course will teach you, among other things:
- How to overcome your fear of public speaking
- How to prepare your speech/presentation and leave nothing to chance
- How to structure your speech/presentation in such a way as to maintain the audience’s full attention and interest
- How to use visual aids to enhance your speech/presentation
- How to select the right speaking style for the occasion
- How to speak naturally, even if you are feeling nervous
- How to establish a rapport with your audience
- How to develop your own natural style of speaking
- How to incorporate stories, personal experiences, fascinating facts and figures and dramatic comparisons to illustrate your argument
- How to use short simple sentences to make your point
- How to use your voice and body to persuade and impress your audience
- How to avoid the most common mistakes that untrained speakers make
- How to ensure that your audience goes away with the best impression of you and your arguments/ideas
- How to use various tips and tricks that will fill you with confidence once you begin speaking
You will give a brief speech/presentation, which will be recorded and analysed (note: you have a choice to opt not to give a presentation). The recording will be yours to keep, in order to refer back to it for future reference.
The places on this course are limited (20 places only) so if you want to improve your public speaking skills or learn everything you need to know before you find yourself being asked to give a speech/presentation, please join this course as soon as possible.
Your investment for this one day, 7-hour intensive workshop - which has been successfully conducted on another two occassions - is €310 + VAT. Feel free to have a look at a video of the workshop by pressing here.
I look forward to having the chance to help you boost your self-confidence, impress others and increase your chances of professional and personal success.