Actions and Detail Panel
Adult Mental Health First Aid Course (MHFA) Two Day 1st & 2nd May 2017
Thu, 1 Jun 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 2 Jun 2017, 16:30 BST
Adult MHFA course is an internationally recognised course. After taking it, you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
MHFA won't teach you how to be a therapist, but once you’ve completed the two day course you will be able to say you're a Mental Health First Aider.
What will I learn?
The is divided in to 4 sections and covers:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
How will I learn?
The Adult MHFA course takes place over two full days.
The sessions will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and group work activities. I provide a safe learning environment and I am trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then there is no pressure to.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of my courses, numbers are limited to 16 people per course. I want everyone to feel safe and can help if people find some parts particularly difficult.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Who can attend?
The course is for everyone aged 16 and upwards and you don’t need any qualifications or experience in mental health to take part.
Find out what people have said about the mhfa training. see https://mhfaengland.org/who-is-it-for/
For More information regarding Adult MHFA ( mental health first aid) visit www.mhfaengland.org
N.B There will be a minimum attendence of 8 for this event. If the minimum number is not achieved then the organiser will reserve the right to cancel the course and all payments will be refunded.