Actions and Detail Panel
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Thu, 12 Jan 2017, 09:30 – Fri, 13 Jan 2017, 16:30 GMT
What will I learn?
Our MHFA Standard course is split up into 4 manageable chunks. These are:
- What is mental health?
- Anxiety and depression
In each section you'll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
How will I learn?
The MHFA Standard course usually takes place over 2 full days.
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities.
You'll receive a MHFA Standard manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and also an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say you are now Mental Health First Aider.
Who can attend?
The course is simply for everyone!
All that we ask is for you to be above the age of 16. This is due to some of the content being quite sensitive and can be upsetting to some. We want to ensure that we create a safe and suitable learning environment for all our attendees.