San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This intensive course will provide an overview of common mental health problems, causes, symptoms and treatments. MHFA is perfect for those wanting to know more about mental health and how it affects others.
This nationally and internationally recognised course has been supported by the Department of Health. This course is for anyone who may come into contact with a person with a mental health difficulty, including stress, either in their workplace or life outside of work.
The course will give you skills in mental health first aid, including:
- Non judgemental listening skills;
- Using responses that encourage others to talk and open up;
- Methods used to talk someone who may have suicidal thoughts;
- Ways to help someone having a panic attack;
- Skills in recognising symptoms of depression and anxiety.
In each section of an MHFA Standard course you'll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills: Session 1 Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression. Session 2 Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis. Session 3 Anxiety, personality disorders, eatng disorders and self-harm. Session 4 Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
MHFA courses is particularly suitable for:
- people who live or work with anyone experiencing mental illhealth
- HR personnel
- Occupational Health Advisors
- Further and Higher Educational settings
- Middle and Senior Managers
- Team leaders
- Social workers
- Emergency services front line staff
- Police personnel
- Healthcare sector workers
- Health & Social Care professionals
- Voluntary and charitable services
- Friends and family
The sessions are a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don't feel comfortable joining in certain bits, then don't, we won't make you do something you aren't comfortable with.
The course price includes a comprehensive reference manual and a workbook worth £25, certificate of attendance, all materials and refreshments (no lunch). Please note that this course is valued at £300 per person by MHFA England.
Our training courses are available for everyone. We provide MHFA manuals as an audio book, in braille and in large print at no additional cost.
- Full joining instructions will be sent to you prior to the event.
- We can only accept your place, if payment is made in full before the course date.
- Deadline for bookings is a fortnight before the course date and it is also when you will receive a final confirmation if the course is going ahead. We reserve the right to cancel a course if there is not a minimum quota of participants. We would advise that you refrain from making any travel or accommodation arrangements until 2 weeks before the course.
What is the refund policy?
- If the workshop is cancelled by Astra Training and Consultancy at any time, you will be offered an alternative date. If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
- In the event of participant’s non-attendance or a cancellation within 14 working days before the beginning of the course, the payment is non-refundable.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. A substitute attendee may be nominated with as little as 48 hours notice – please contact Magdalena on 07864 795 049 or 01392 877 282 or email on email@example.com
Save This Event
When & Where
Astra Training and Consultancy Ltd
Astra provides cutting edge and evidenced based solutions to emotional wellbeing and stress management at the workplace.
Our unique services will equip your workplace with practical skills that you need in order to recognise stress internally and outside of your workplace, to become more resilient as a place of work where staff feel supported, where they can be productive and happy.
Astra is a regional provider of nationally recognised and accredited Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training courses for individuals and employers. The company also provides mindfulness sessions at workplace and residential staff away days based on coaching and mindfulness approaches.
Whether you are a private employer, local authority, NHS organisation, health and social care provider, school, college, a third sector or a public sector organisation you can make substantial improvements by choosing our innovative services.
If you are interested in our offer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 877 282. Check our website for more details www.astraconsultancy.co.uk