Learn practical strategies to improve the impact of your infographics and drive traffic to your website
If you work with data, this hands-on masterclass with data visualisation expert Andy Pemberton will help you to improve the quality and impact of your infographics. Over the course of the day, you’ll learn advanced data visualisation techniques and take part in practical exercises to put what you learned into practice. Drawing upon examples of cutting-edge data visualisations and storytelling projects, Andy will offer expert advice on how you can use infographics to drive more traffic to your website and get real results for your business.
- Using design tools to create persuasive data visualisations
- How to optimise your content for the web and social media
- Knowing when to use adaptive design and responsive formats
- The importance of relevance, timeliness, exclusivity and emotion in online and offline content
- Best practice for data visualisation – and examples of cutting-edge case studies that got results
- Practical exercises on pen and paper – create your own infographic using data you’ve brought to the session
- Opportunities for feedback on work carried out during the class
Please note this is an advanced level class. It’s suitable for people who already work with data and want to improve their visualisations, or those who want to get a better response to their content on the web and social media
What to bring
- You should bring your own laptop and charger to the class – no computers will be provided on the day
- Please also bring along some data, which you’ll use during practical exercises. Pens and paper will be provided
Andy Pemberton is a leading data visualisation and content expert, who has worked with the United Nations, Cisco, Aviva and many other international brands. He’s currently working on a book, website and set of infographics called What’s Next for Banks. He tweets @andypemberton.